Professional Maine Carpet Cleaner Reveals All: The Importance of Carpet Cleaning and Why Organic Cleaning Is a Must – Bone Dry Carpet Cleaning
Most people think that vacuuming their carpets once in a while is more than enough to keep them clean. However, that’s not quite accurate. Generally, a vacuum cleaner is only able to remove loose dirt and can’t get in to clean the fibers properly, therefore allowing the buildup of grime and other sticky residue. Here is why it’s so important to use the services of a professional Maine carpet cleaner and why vacuuming alone will never be enough.
Why Cleaning Your Carpet Regularly Is So Important
Cleaning a carpet is not just about removing dirt. The air outside contains pollen, fungus, cigarette smoke, air pollution, bacteria, car exhaust and various other chemicals and pollutants. The problem is that when you or anyone walks into your home, these pollutants are carried inside and they then fall to the ground and end up in your carpet.
Pollen, fungus and any other chemicals caught in the carpet can lead to allergies, asthma and a variety of other respiratory problems. Furthermore, if you have young children, it’s unsafe for them to play on a carpet that hasn’t been cleaned thoroughly, and since a vacuum can’t really pick up all these particles, your best option is to use a professional Maine carpet cleaner. Here are a few other reasons you should have your carpet professionally cleaned on a regular basis.
- Prevents Mold from Forming. A carpet provides an excellent environment for mold and fungus to breed. If your home is quite humid, it creates an even better breeding ground because there’s nothing mold loves more than a humid, dark, and warm environment. The problem is that mold can cause skin allergies, and young children who have sensitive skin are most at risk. If the allergy is severe, it can lead to infections.
Mold spores can also float up into the air, causing respiratory problems and other issues. By getting your carpet cleaned professionally, you will eliminate this problem. A Maine carpet cleaner will use special cleaning agents to eliminate mold as well as destroying any fungal contamination, leaving your home with clean, fresh air and removing the risk of skin allergies.
- Eliminates Bugs and Beetles. A carpet is much like an air filter because it will trap various particles such as dust and allergens. These various particles are very attractive to insects, especially dead skin on which some insects feed. It won’t be long before you find different bugs and beetles moving into your carpet. They will then start eating up your carpet’s fibers and, eventually, completely destroy it.
On top of that, these insects can also produce quite an unpleasant odor. Not only is it unpleasant to live with, but it can also be quite embarrassing whenever you have company.
- Extends the Life of Your Carpet. Dirt and dust act like abrasives so that every time you step on the carpet, it’s like rubbing sandpaper against it. It will cause excessive wear and tear, and in some cases, can even lead to jagged cuts, almost as if you had used a knife.
While vacuuming regularly will help to a certain degree, it’s really not enough to remove all of the dirt and grime that could shorten the life of your carpet. A good, professional clean like the one provided by Bone Dry Carpet Cleaning – a professional Maine carpet cleaner—is required to not only extend the life of your carpet but to keep it looking fresh, like the day you bought it.
The Importance of Organic Cleaning
Getting your carpet cleaned professionally is paramount to keeping your family happy and healthy. However, it’s also important that the cleaning company you choose uses organic cleaning agents. It wasn’t too long ago that most people really didn’t consider the implications of using cleaning products that contained harsh and toxic chemicals. As long as everything was squeaky clean and sparkled, the cleaning agents really didn’t matter. However, things have changed because various health problems have been associated with the use of such harsh cleaning products and people are turning more and more often to organic cleaning agents. Here are a few reasons why you should switch to organic cleaning and make sure your carpet cleaner is also green:
- Organic Cleaning Agents Don’t Let Off Noxious Fumes. When using a cleaning product, you inadvertently inhale chemical fumes and considering that more than 70 percent of cleaning agents contain harmful chemicals–that’s a lot of chemicals you and your family are inhaling. These chemicals can do a lot more than just cause breathing problems as some have been associated with severe health issues such as cancer.
You might think that since someone else is cleaning your carpet, this isn’t an issue. However, these chemical fumes hang around for quite a while, especially when a powerful cleaning agent is used, which professional cleaners usually employ. In other words, you could be breathing in toxic chemicals for weeks after your carpet has been cleaned.
This is why you’re first priority should be to find a carpet cleaning company, like Bone Dry Carpet Cleaning, that uses cleaning agents that are completely organic. This way you can make sure you are looking after your family’s health properly because sometimes these chemical fumes can cause more problems than the dirt itself.
- Protect Your Children. If you use harsh chemical cleaners on your carpets or other surfaces, you run the risk of actually poisoning your child. Consider a company that uses a cleaning product with a lot of harmful chemicals on your carpet—after they clean the carpet, some chemical residue still remains on the fibers. Your children then sit down and play on the carpet, picking up these chemicals on their hands. As young children often do, they’ll put their hands in their mouths and end up ingesting a lot of toxic chemicals which can cause severe health issues.
Some companies opt for cleaning agents that are non-organic because they are generally cheaper and you might think the money you save is worth it. However, the damage such cleaning products can do is so severe that you could end up paying a fortune in medical costs down the line. For this reason, it’s a much better option to work with a Maine carpet cleaner that uses solely organic cleaning agents, like Bone Dry Carpet Cleaning.
Clearly, it’s imperative that you get your carpet cleaned professionally on a regular basis. A vacuum cleaner might be able to remove some of the dirt from your home but it can in no way give your carpet the thorough cleaning required to keep your family healthy. Also, don’t overlook the importance of organic cleaning because those toxic chemicals can cause more health problems than the allergens, mold or fungus.
Call the experts at Bone Dry Carpet Cleaning to discuss your needs! We love what we do, and it shows!